Surf Events at Hawaii
Most of the international top surf events at Hawaii are held in the winter time.
Windsurfing Championships at Diamond Head Beach
© OAHU VISITORS BUREAU / Kirk Aeder
- Morey Bodyboards Worldchampionship: North Coast Oahu, January
- Buffalo's Big Board Surfing Classic: Historic Surf Boards, Makaha Beach, Oahu, February
- Quiksilver Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational, Waimea Bay, December
- O'Neill Invitational: International Champioships, Hookipa Beach, Maui, March/April
- TDK/Gotcha Pro: Sandy Beach, Oahu, July
- Triple Crown of Surfing: North Coast, Oahu, November
"Eddie would go"
The Quiksilver Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational is held in memory of Eddie Aikau — a legendary surfer who died in 1978.